1 Day training to prepare the candidate to take the City & Guilds NPTC PA3 a or b practical assessment. If you would like to attend training you must be able to proficiently use and drive the tractor used during the training and assessment.
- Preparation of applicator for use
- Environmental risk assessment
- Maintenance and storage
- Label information
- Filling the applicator
- Pesticide application records
- Types of nozzles
- Site work
- Cleaning and decontamination of the applicator
BY THE END OF THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO
- Prepare the sprayer for work, calibrate and operate it to ensure correct application rates without risk to themselves other people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Carry out daily routine maintenance on the sprayer.
- Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide.
All candidates must have personal protective equipment which must display a CE mark, consisting of:
- Disposable Coveralls: can be a single piece suit or combination of garments, with or without hood, which covers the entire body protection Type: 5/6 particle & limited splash EN 13982 5/6
- Face shield Splash rated EN 166
- Nitrile gloves300mm long & minimum 0.5mm thickness EN 374
- Wellington or water-repellent boots with a good grip (preferably with steel toe cap protection) EN 20345
- Please bring a calculator (not a mobile phone)
PRE-REQUISITES: Candidates over 16 years, Achieved Foundation Unit PA1, proficient Tractor/ATV use and be able to interpret information on product label
FURTHER INFORMATION: https://www.nptc.org.uk/
All of our courses can be accredited by either NPTC or LANTRA, depending on the level of accreditation you require
PROGRESSION COURSE SUGGESTIONS:
- Ground Crop Sprayer – mounted or trailed (PA2A)
- Granule Applicator (PA4G)
- Slug Pellets (PA4S)
- Hand-held Applicator - knapsack (PA6A)
- Hand-held Applicator - knapsack to or near water (PA6AW)
- Hand-held Pesticide Injection Equipment (PA6INJ)
- Hand-held Pesticide Plugs Equipment (PA6PP)